....And here it is: the third edition of de Draadzaak Advent Calendar! Just like last year, I will use 100% plant-based yarns for this advent calendar, in a fingering weight yarn (similar to sock yarn). So, are you allergic to wool, do you have a vegan lifestyle, or do you want something else then the standard woolen yarn advent? Then I'd love to make something beautiful for you to count down to Christmas in December.
The content of de Draadzaak 2023 Advent Calendar
We're going to do things a little different this year. For example, this edition does not have extras, such as last year's notepad, smoothie cup and scented amber cube. But of course it will contain some tasty snacks, because no advent will leave the Draadzaak HQ without chocolate :-) Unlike previous years, this year you will have the choice of several types of yarn and the option to receive the advent in cakes or as miniskeins.
The options available this year:
- 24 miniskeins made of 100% bamboo yarn. Each mini weighs 20 grams and contains 80 meters of yarn.
- 24 mini yarncakes made of 100% bamboo yarn. Each mini cake weighs 20 grams and contains 80 meters of yarn.
- 24 mini yarncakes made of 100% pima cotton. Each mini cake weighs 20 grams and contains 80 meters of yarn.
- 24 mini yarncakes made of 100% pima cotton DK. Each mini cake weighs 20 grams and contains 40 meters of yarn.
The already caked advents are ideal for knitters/crocheters who don't have a ballwinder and yarnswift or simply don't want the hassle of winding balls.
The yarn that will be used for the advent is suitable for needles 2.0-3.5 mm, depending on how loose or tight you crochet / knit. In terms of weight, this yarnweight corresponds to sock yarn, but it is a fraction thinner because wool has a bit more 'fluff'. Pima cotton DK is best used with a slightly bigger neeldle depending on your gauge and project. Pima cotton and bamboo both have a subtle sheen and absorb the dye very nicely, giving you rich, saturated colors.
The care for the environment is close to my heart. I therefore use (clean!) rainwater for 90% of the yarn dyeing process and use dye that is not harmful to the environment and can be broken down by bacteria in the water purification system. In addition, the spinner gets the power from solar panels on our roof and I dye as much as possible with good weather conditions, so that the wind can lend a hand in drying the yarns.
What colors will be used?
What exactly it will be remains a surprise of course, but at the top of this page and in the order link you will find the inspiration photo that I will keep in mind while dyeing the advent. It promises to be a bright advent this year and you may also look forward to some quirky speckles.
Project bag as an extra option
Last year Inge from Hobbybags (Dutch website, Inge makes the most beautiful curated bags!) made a beautiful project bag for many of you to store the advent calendar. And we have the same option for this year!! This bag is exclusive to the advent calendar and will not be available in any other way in my or her webshop. The dimensions of the project bag will be ± 24 by 26 cm.
Good to know:
- This Advent calendar is sold as a pre-order. You will therefore not receive your order immediately.
- The Advent Calendar will be shipped in the first half of November. You will be notified by email (with track & trace) as soon as your package has been shipped. If you live in the Netherlands, you do not pay extra for shipping. If you live outside the Netherlands, the shipping costs will be automatically calculated at checkout.
- I would like to ask you not to order other items with the advent, because it is logistically impossible to sort out extra's while packing a large quantity of yarn calendars. Sorry for the inconvenience.
- The presale runs from now until 01-06-2023 or while stocks last. Because De Draadzaak is a "one woman show", the edition is limited.
- The yarns and products used to dye the yarn are 100% vegan. However, the extra's in the Advent Calendar might not be a 100% vegan. If you want a 100% vegan advent, let me know in the comments at checkout, and I'll take that into account.
- No discount codes apply to the Advent calendar.
- Do you want to look back on previous advents? Then check instagram with the hashtag: #draadzaakadvent
Do you have any questions regarding the above? Feel free to send me an email :-)
New!100% bamboo (mini skeins)
This advent is made with 24 mini skeins of 20 gram/ 80 meter, 100% bamboo yarn.€ 129,00
New!100% bamboo (mini yarn cakes)
This advent is made with 24 mini yarn cakes of 20 gram/ 80 meter, 100% bamboo yarn.€ 149,00
New!100% pima cotton (mini yarn cakes)
This advent is made with 24 mini yarn cakes of 20 gram/ 80 meter, 100% bamboo pima cotton yarn.€ 149,00
New!100% pima cotton DK (mini yarn cakes)
This advent is made with 24 mini yarn cakes of 20 gram/ 40 meter, 100% bamboo pima cotton yarn.€ 149,00