Advent Calendar 2022
After last year's enthusiasm about De Draadzaak Adventkalender, there certainly has to be a second edition this year. And I can't wait to get started!! Same like last year, I will use the super soft 100% pima cotton, in light fingering weight (similar to sock yarn). So are you vegan, allergic to wool, or do you just love hand-dyed plant-based yarns? Then I would be more than happy to make something beautiful for you to count down to Christmas in December.
What's in the “de Draadzaak” Advent Calendar?
In this Advent Calendar you will find 24 little packages with a mini yarncake made from hand-dyed cotton yarn. Each mini weighs 20 grams/80 meters, suitable for needles 2.0-3.5 mm, depending on your gauge. In terms of weight, this yarn is similar to sock yarn, but it's a tad thinner because wool has a bit more 'fluff'. Pima cotton has a subtle sheen and takes the dye very beautifully, giving rich, saturated colors. Unique to my Advent Calendar is that I provide you with "ready to go" cakes, so I've already done the yarn winding for you!! This has the advantage that you can start knitting or crocheting immediately after unwrapping, so you can keep up with your adventproject every day!
The environment and animal welfare are close to my heart. Unfortunately, the production process of cotton is not as environmentally conscious as I would like it to be, but I can make a difference in my own production process. I therefore use (clean!) rainwater for 80% of the yarn dyeing and rinsing process and the dyes I use, are being broken down by bacteria in the water purification system.
And last but not least, solar panels on our roof will provide the power for a much used spin dryer.
My goal for the Advent season is to provide you with a surprise each and every day. Of course the yarn has a key-role, but I also like to add several extra’s. No cheap stuff from the far East, but local to me goodies, made with the environment, human- and animal welfare in mind.
This year it’s possible to order a – exclusive to the Advent Calendar – projectbag. Inge, the owner of hobbybags (only in Dutch, sorry!) is a true Queen behind the sewing machine. I love straight and even seams and she masters that technique like no other. So if you need a bag to store your 2022 Advent, don’t forget to order it with your Calendar.
I selected the fabric myself and all I can say about it is: it’s supercute, suitable for Advent season and beyond. The dimensions are ± 24 by 26 cm (roughly 9 by 10 inch).
Good to know:
- This is a pre-order. The Calendar will be shipped to you at the end of October/ beginning of November.
- Within the Netherlands there’s no extra charge for shipping. Outside of the Netherlands, shipping will show at checkout.
- Please note: if you order other items with the purchase of the Advent Calendar, the other items will be sent to you in one shipment – i.e. at the end of October/ beginning of November.
- The pre-order runs from now until 01-06-2022 and/or while stocks last. The price of the Calendar is € 134.95. Because my small business is a "one woman show", the edition is limited. So when you’re not in doubt, please consider to order right away.
- The Advent Calendar does not include a pattern. However, I will add a list with suggestions of (both Dutch and English) crochet and knitting patterns, which are suitable to use for an Advent Calendar. Want to do some "homework" and check out last year's list of suggestions? Then please send me an e-mail.
- There are no discount codes applicable on the Advent Calendar.
- Want to check out last year’s edition of my vegan Advent Calendar? Please check my Instagram (@dedraadzaak) highlights.